Using OmniBar with Windows95
Barcode Basics >
Application Notes >
OmniBar is a DOS-based terminate-and-stay-resident (TSR) program that will intercept a
printer data stream and insert barcodes in response to specific command strings. While the
product is intended for use on MS-DOS systems, it can be used on Windows/95 with some
restrictions. This capability may be useful when moving existing DOS applications to the
- OmniBar will work only with other DOS-based programs. It will not work with a Windows
- OmniBar will work only with a locally-attached printer. It cannot be used to print over
- OmniBar must be run in a DOS window under Windows/95, generally in the same window
(session) as the application program it is working with. A batch file could be used to run
OmniBar, then the application.
Here are some configuration settings that may have to be adjusted. In the control
panel, go to printers and then click with the right mouse button on the target printer. Go
to Properties, then click on Details.
- Select Port Settings, then Configure Port. Turn OFF the check boxes "Spool MS print
jobs" and "Check port status before printing".
- Select Spool Settings and select "Print direct to printer" instead of
"print to spooler".